it's You i live for everyday

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Limbo Summer

Let's see if I can revive this blogspot...

So I found out from Petro-Canada that I'll be working in Mississauga and that my start date has been pushed to September (as opposed to the initial June start). So now I have an entire summer off! I haven't had a summer off for more then seven years!

I finish school at the end of April, have convocation in June and start work in September. So aside from a week of traveling with parents to Waterloo for my convo, I have to find something to do for the summer.

Considered Options?

1. Grad Trip
This would be awesome, but the main impediment is money. I can argue that I'll make it all back when I start working, but meanwhile, the wallet's quite dry. But if I do a grad trip, I'm considering either (1) a cross-Canada trip, (2) an Euro-trip or (3) an Asia trip.

2. Missions Trip
This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but never had the chance to do. Why do I want to go on a missions trip. The obvious is to reach out to the lost; as well, I want to be have my eyes opened to a different context. I've always had the thought of full time ministry at the back of my head, so this will be a way to test the waters. If I do go, I need to start looking and applying now!

3. Find a part time job in Montreal
If I decide to do neither options 2 or 3, I would most likely be spending the summer in Montreal. If I do that, then I would probably want to find a part-time job, most likely at Starbucks (which is something I've wanted to do for fun for a while now).

4. Other Option Not-considered yet
Is there something else I can do?

After being without an extended break for the past seven years, I don't know what to do with free time. Options options options...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that's awesome to have the summer off =)

Sunday, January 11, 2009 11:55:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Herman,
I have a great idea: you could spend the summer at our house (plastering, siding, and acid staining the floors :) ) ~Daniel Zwart

Monday, January 12, 2009 7:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Jorge said...

Man, a "free" summer =)

I think you should use the decision matrix to solve this issue.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:13:00 AM

 
Blogger Chislon said...

i can't wait for mine :P

Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:34:00 AM

 
Blogger ....? said...

COME BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:42:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
b